by: Mark Alexander Bain
The web site designer often needs to obtain information from the web site user. For example they may need to know:
- The user name and password of the user (when logging in)
- Details about the user when registering (such as the proposed user name and password)
- Details about products when ordering on line (such as a discount voucher number)
The information gathering process consists of two stages:
- The web page presents an HTML form to the user. The form will contain input boxes, radio button and drop down lists to illicit the required information from the user
- PHP code then processes the information entered by the user. For example the code may check whether a required username already exists and creates it if it doesn’t.